Friday, May 4, 2012

GLOW by Jessica Maria Tuccelli


If I could, I would give this book ten stars. I don't know what the criteria is for a masterpiece, but in my opinion, this meets any requirements for that honor.


What beautiful, beautiful language. The characters are magnificently presented so you feel as if you truly know these people. The smells, the sights, the sounds are all there to make this a unique experience.


It travels from the 1800s up to WWII. Here is an interview with the author: http://us.penguingroup.com/static/html/podcast/clips/9780670023318.mp3
If you'll listen to this, it will give you a much better feel for this book than I can.

I had an epiphany shortly after I finished reading and I'm curious to see if anyone else sees it the same way as I.
So, if you read this book, please message me on Facebook so I can discuss my opinion with you.

It's difficult to grasp that this is Tuccelli's first novel. I feel sure it won't be her last. I'm not one to read a book more than once, but I will probably make an exception in this case.

Please don't miss the chance to experience the ultimate in writing fiction.


No comments:

Post a Comment